Monday, March 31, 2008

It Was Only a Matter of Time....

This morning while cleaning up the kitchen I overheard Rhett and Emmie playing in the playroom. Earlier I had the TV on a music channel and Rhett moved the channel up a few times to the Christian Rock station. This is what I heard:

"Ok listen now, Jesus died on the cross. But that is not all. We are going to stand up and sing a song and then I will tell you more." Rhett then turns on the tv to the Christian rock station and uses a candle holder as a microphone to sing along with whatever song was on about Jesus. After the song is over he turns off the tv and says, "okay do you like Easter eggs? Yes, me too but that is not all that Easter is about. Jesus rose and came back to life. You know what God made the world....YEAH!" tv goes back on with another Jesus song belted out with a few YEAH's in the middle of each verse.

Emmie was not too impressed with this new evangelist in our house. She was concentrating more on playing legos and taking her clothes off. However Rhett continued to preach to her for another ten minutes.

I guess with both parents working in ministry now it was only a matter of time. I'm not sure if I should be happy about this or concerned????

2 comments:

Lauren Faiai said...

Awesome!! Now if he could just throw a little offering disclaimer in there somewhere, he could take over for Rod on the weekends!

Becky said...

That's rad, Tara.
I wouldn't be concerned if I were you, at least he's not like Garrett, who at this moment is refusing to pray anything other than "I love you Lord, Amen"