Sunday, May 04, 2008

Thank God for birthdays

So I'm really having a hard time keeping this blog up. It's not for lack of content. I would love to write about what's been going on lately or share pictures for our family in Hawaii. Truth is my new job has been really hard and taking up every last moment of my time when I'm not feeding and dressing my children. I'm getting into a better groove with work now that I've been there almost two months. It's not so hard anymore (although there are moments) I'm starting to actually have fun and enjoy it :P! Whether or not that means I will blog more here I doubt it. I'm trying to keep up that blog too. Here is a question I would love feedback on. Should I merge my two blogs or keep them separate?

Since it's been almost a month since my last post I thought I would at least log on and share our fun birthday happenings from the other day. Friday was Rods birthday. He thinks he is someone that's really easy to buy for but really he's not. So the kids and I spent most of Wednesday preparing our gifts for him. We got the idea from here and here We took the five areas that he wrote fuels his leadership on his blog and gave him a gift to represent each area. A starbucks gift card for coffee, a spots book for sports and books, a people magazine with a fun picuture of me and the kids for people and Legoland tickets for a special Star Wars day for him and Rhett for experiences and entertainment. His mom sent one of his favorites food from Hawaii so that was his last surprise for breakfast.

We had a birthday string tied all over the house with balloons tied wherever a gift was. The wrapping of each gift gave a clue to the area of leadership the gift represented. This may have been a tad more fun for Rhett than Rod but deep down I know he felt loved. It was a great way to start the day celebrating. Sorry I don't even have one picture to post from it. I'm planning on doing it again for Rhetts birthday next month which should be right around the time I get around to posting again. By the way I realize how much I really need to update my side bar because I'm not learning how to cook chinese food or reading about kids moral intelligence. However I won't be doing that anytime soon. So maybe by next month or our next birthday they will be gone.

2 comments:

Becky said...

My vote is keep them separate. I'm sure it would be easier for you to merge them though. The bottom line is it's up to you :) Great idea with the b-day gifts for Rod, very creative. I miss you, btw.

Lasting Impressions said...

Keep them separate. I know it's a time challenge to balance all that you do - family, God, work, self, ect.