Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'm Alive...Which Is More Than I Can Say for My Blog

I can't believe I'm acutally writing a post. This blog is so close to seeing its final days yet here I am helping it cling to some kind of meager life. Just when I'm ready to put this thing to rest which would be so easy to do (I only have about ten other things I should be doing at this very moment) I think back to why I'm doing this in the first place. I want my kids to have something to look back on when they're actually able to read and maybe even see a picture or two. Since I refuse to scrapbook or even organize our photos in any fashion this is their only hope. So here I am over a month later trying to come up with something. I have nothing to say. I will however share the latest ten happenings in my life that have kept me away from this thing.

10. Towards the end of May I helped plan a "just married open house" for a friend
9. Started new series in Noah's Club- God at the Movies Preschool style
8. Ty Felbergs first birthday party at the bay- windy but lots of fun
7. redecorated office at work including new paint, new furniture and WALLPAPER....actually Jake and Jarred painted for me, I shopped for the furniture, Jake and Austin put the furniture together and I WALLPAPERED, FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME.....and probably last time.
6. Rhett started swimming lessons as well as becoming a professional "kindergarten assesment taker"
5. Had our first CAG leaders meeting
4. Went to Palm Springs for a few days for staff retreat
3. Planned a 60th birthday party with my sister for my mama
2. celebrated Fathers Day by helping Rhett make gigantic, painted crosses out of enormous planks of wood (not my idea)
1.Rhett turned 5 this past Tues. we started the day with pancakes in the shape of his name and new age, swimming with friends, Mc Donalds with friends, Spiderman cartoons with friends and now currently planning an upcoming STAR WARS party for him
Oh and another thing, visiting my grandma in a nursing home until she is well enough to go home because she fell and fractured a bone in her back

So there you have it, not an exhaustive list but you get the idea. I have high hopes to post some pictures on this thing soon. And yes I know that word soon on this blog has become quite relative but at least I have it in writing now so maybe I might actually do it before the summer is over.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I wouldn't say pathetic at all. I would say amazing on how much you can accomplish! I think we should go away together:)