Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kindergarten


Life is busy in a crazy, overwhelming, wonderful way. There are so many thoughts that flood my mind tonight like did I really celebrate my sister enough today on her birthday. I sense God telling me to calm down and take things one day at a time. One thing I like to do when I start to stress out is stop and find a few things to be thankful for. When looking back on this past week and trying to do that one theme emerges- Kindergarten. This was clearly the main event of our household this week. Rhett's first day of Kindergarten was this past Tuesday.

I really put more time and energy than I thought I would in planning the right school for him to attend and whether or not he was really ready to be there. Just over a week ago he was registered for three different schools. I had no idea it would be such a hard decision on whether to enroll him or give him more time and wait another year. I kept vacillating back and forth weighing the pros and the cons. Obviously we decided to enroll him figuring we could always take him out if it turns out to be the wrong time. The jury is still out on that since he has only been an official Kindergaten student for three days now but so far so GREAT!

Here are a few highlights from our week:

Rhett's highlights
1. The tour around the school on the first day especially finding out where the bathroom was
2. Walking around to the different activity stations the second day
3. Getting nachos for lunch the third day (Even though he did not have money for this, we were planning on going out to lunch for my sisters birthday so I did not pack him a lunch but when they asked him if he wanted one he was not going to turn it down. Three days into school and I already have an unpaid debt.)
Mom's highlights
1. Rhett has been getting up early each morning and eating breakfast with no complaints
2. His teacher likes us. On the first day of school she told Rod and I we were AWESOME parents because we were the first ones to leave.
3. So glad we picked the school with the half day schedule rather than the full day. The time length is just right.
4. In three short days he has already learned new things and grown up so much.

I could not be more proud of anyone, anywhere than my little Kindergarten boy.


No comments: