Wednesday, October 08, 2008

My Nightstand


I walked in my room the other day and glanced over at my nightstand. My reading is starting to pile up. I think I need a reading retreat. Here are my current titles:


No Greater Love- Mother Teresa

Beside Every Good Man- Serita Ann Jakes

The Intellectual Devotional

The Secret Life of Bees- Sue Monk Kidd

Gifted to Lead- Nancy Beach

The Case for Christ- Lee Strobel

Real Simple magazine

2 issues of Everyday with Rachel Ray

Scholastic Parent and Child


At least I can scratch two off that list. I have finished Gifted to Lead and the Real Simple magazine. What's on your nightstand?

3 comments:

Lasting Impressions said...

Those look like some great reads! In the past few weeks I have finished IT by Craig Groeschel, Axioms by Bill Hybels, and Gifted to Lead by Nancy Beach. I am currently working on Toy Box Leadership by Ron Hunter and then will move onto Unleashing the Power of Rubberbands by Nancy Ortberg.

TK said...

Hi Alex,
Thanks for sharing your reads. I liked Craig Groeschel's IT talk so much I've listened to it a few times. I need to get the book asap. I would also like to read the other ones you mentioned. I have read one book by Nancy Ortbery, let me know how you like the Power of Rubberbands.

Becky said...

Hi Tara!
I have a whole bunch on my shelf, but in two days I finished "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini (he wrote Kite Runner). I always need a good, fast read that's fiction to remind me that I love to read.